Some basic guidelines to keep your information safe by using strong passwords
- Avoid using the same password on multiple accounts.
- Your passwords should be at least 14 characters long, and it should contain numbers, letters and special symbols.
- Do not information that is easy to guess such as names of your families, friends or pets.
- Do not use numbers related to you such postcodes, house numbers, phone numbers, birthdates, ID card numbers, social security numbers, etc.
- Do not use any common English words that can be found in a dictionary. Dictionary words are used by hacking algorithms.
- You should not save your browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, or Safari) or other programs, any password saved in the browser can be revealed with a simple click using a script.
- Do not log into important accounts with a public computer or someone else's machine.
- Use secure connections, which you can recognize by https or ftps, when you log into any site.
- Change your most sensitive passwords regularly.